Thursday 4 September 2014

Paper Cut IRL

The great news is Owen Gildersleeve is so passionate about the type of work that he does that he wrote a book about it! Featuring 25 of the worlds leading papercraft artists 'Paper Cut' gives an insight into the world of handmade. The book is currently on its way to my house and I am so excited! (I like to keep the firm belief that it is actually the artists replying to me on the old tweeter. If it's not then fair enough but as far as I'm aware this is Mr Gildersleeve and he is lovely to his followers)

Image from Owen Gildersleeve's website

And in even better news he's curated an exhibition of all the artists work down at The Proud Archivist in London town where artists talks and workshops are being held. I went to a talk given by Rob Ryan when I had just turned 18. It's now 3 and a half years later and after many missed opportunities I'm so excited to say I will be making my way down from Leeds and attending 'Paper Cut: The Exhibition'* to go to a talk given by Owen Gildersleeve and Rob Ryan themselves! Arohtgfdouvndfiueo!!

Image from Owen Gildersleeve's website


* Also an obligatory trip to the Natural History Museum, because dinosaurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment